I was just thinking of starting a course for Computer Science and Electronics Engineers who have just passed out of College.
The topics that I thought of covering can be split into the following sections, covering what I call the basics.
Basic Networking / Internet
- Protocols (TCP/IP, NWLink, NetBios )
- Application protocols, ports, configuring POP,SMTP,IMAP,NNTP,FTP,
- Routers,ADSL, dynamic DNS,WIFI
- Trouble shooting tips, techniques
- Search Techniques, Newsgroups search, Torrents
- Web hosting, blogging, CMS, Adsense, search engine optimization, tools,tips and techniques
- VPN, Open VPN
PC Trouble Shooting Assembling
- BIOS – what can be done, basic and advanced techniques.
- ISA,PCI, PCI Express, AGP and newer bus topology
- Various Boot CDs, booting from Flash disk, CDROM
- Drive imaging techniques, software, nLIte, VLite
- Mobile – GSM,CDMA,EDGE,GPRS,Evdo, SMS – PDU/Text formats
- Land line – ISDN- BRI,PRI, PSTN,PABX,SMDR
- IP Telephony
- Various OSes, basic command, shortcut keys etc., Separating DATA from OS, Data Recovery
- OS differences, versioning
- Freeware useful Utilities, registry hacks
- Programing – Source Control, UI design, Registry, Dotnet, Network programming tricks, techniques, tools(packet sniffers).
- Virtual Machine Software -VMWare (Snapshots,Serial Ports on VMs) Virtual PC, Live CDS
- Sysinternals tools
- Basic electronic circuits
- Batteries, chargers
- Microcontrollers – PIC
- Simulators, Emulators
- Serial Port, USB, Bluetooth
- PCB design with Eagle
Will add more as and when required or when I get new ideas. If you are in or around Calicut and needs training on the above topics, please contact me using the contact form of this site.