Now with broadband at home and office, I was connected at office and my wife at home. She called up and told she could see me chatting and I was wondering thinking it was VNC. But I was sure the vnc server was in user mode and it was not running. I tried kill all clients and still she could see my screen. I ran home and found that, it was skype. On a simultaneous login on 2 machines, both the machines will be updated with the same info. This is quite different from the usual IM scenario I guess. Also found that the contact list doesn’t seem to be updated automatically from the server even in the new version.
Got the skype delphi component and its project working. Still to tap messages and develop a chat client.
Some progress with IE Delphi program for dataone bandwidth usage tool. The main problem is getting hold of and parsing frames.
DynDNS seems to work finally with the client. The first problem was a spelling mistake, a missing n, then got rid of having two hosts for one ip. Tested winVNC with dydndns hostname and it worked fine.