As an online shopper you might already know that flipkart doesnt provide coupon codes. Buts they have an affiliate program. I just thought of becoming one so that we can both benefit. As a user you get 50% of what I get. Just search for the product that you want in the toolbar widget on the right of this site.(Note it doesn’t work with Ad Block Plus enabled) and buy the product from Flipkart. Current commissions for May are as below. Please send me your order id and email address using the contact form. Once my account gets credited, I’ll send you flipkart vouchers equivalent to 50% of the percentage that I get.
Search all Indian shopping portals in one go with google cse (Custom Search Engine)
Its always easy to google up everything but tried searching for buying something from one of the Indian shopping portals ? There is no easy way to search just the Indian portals and that is where google CSE or Custom Search Engine helps. I have added all the main shopping portals so that you just give the name of the product you want to search . If you want to exclude some site use the “-” operator. Of course there are sites and toolbars like compareraja this is more reliable for an example try searching nexus 2012 on both…
The shortened url for my cse is http://bit.ly/indianshoppingsearch (its longer but easy to remember)
The raw google link is https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001138685502448049082:izwx1tqzqsg
Disclaimer: I don’t endorse any cracking or stealing activity. I had sent a message to ICICI regarding this issue on 9/8/2011and got the reply as below
Dear Mr. Issac,
We value your relationship with ICICI Bank.
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the efforts you have taken in order to improve our service standards and processes.
Your suggestions will go a long way in helping us improve the features on our website and security measures.
We look forward for more opportunities to be of service to you.
ICICI Bank Limited
Subject: RE: Password Related Issues
Ok received and changed password.
Its too bad that spaces are not allowed in passwords as its easy to create tough passwords with spaces in between.
BTW I have found a serious security flaw in your ICICI bank mobile application for android. Who should be contacted for security related issues ?
I tried to use contact option on ICICI web site to report the issue, but could not find any link nor did I find any link related to reporting security issue on a site wide search. The contact option forces the customer to use messaging system of internet banking whenever the option ‘other’ is selected.
Now to the real issue :
You don’t need ATM pin or any external authentication tools to activate iMobile app but just ICICI bank debit card (PIN NOT REQUIRED). The danger is when you have an ICICI bank account and you have not started using iMobile.
It should work on all platforms, be it android, iphone, windows mobile or symbian.
Scenario 1: Somebody steals your mobile and wallet containing ICICI bank debit card
The thief can transfer money and perform all transactions possible within the iMobile application by following the process below.
Steps to activate imobile and do whatever including tranferring funds using IMPS, shopping, mobile recharge, air ticketing and whatever.
- Install imobile on the victim’s phone or another phone with the victim’s SIM.
- Run the application and it will ask for a 4 digit pin for registration. (Yes the thief can put whatever pin he wants to use iMobile)
- It will go through the grid based authentication for which all you need is the debit card .
That’s it the thief has full access to iMobile with all transaction permissions with the daily limits through App.
The process of activation is explained here http://www.icicibank.com/mobile-banking/download.html#down. Step 3 without ATM pin is the problem step.
Essentially the grid based security is useless without asking for atm pin and that’s the flaw which was there ever since ICICI had the mobile apps released.
If you are already using iMobile app then nothing to fear as you got to enter the application PIN to start the app. If you have registered your mobile number for mobile banking but not yet activated iMobile, then if you loose that SIM with ICICI debit card, man you can get into trouble if you have big balances
Searching to know whether a particular component, module or board is available in India can be daunting. I made a google custom search engine (CSE) with all the main online embedded/electronics sites.
The URL for the search is
The current list of sites included in the search are
and I was satisfied with the overall experience .
Of course for businesses you have no choice, you got to get one for the n number of reasons that you might get on a Google search. Long time back my good old friend Shankar Subrahmanian asked me What do you do with a domain name ?
So here are the pros and cons of having a domain name in your name.
- You feel as if you are one the web, on the net, having a web presence or identity or what ever.
- Have a stylish email id email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Yes most domain names will let you have unlimited email ids and you can have a catch all email id so that you can get all spam.
- You can find the web site who spammed you. On the registration form on various websites, give the email id as websitename@yourdomainname and use the catchall option to get the registration info. Later you can know when you get an unknown newsletter, or spam from which web site it actually originated or which web site sold your email address.
- You don’t loose your identity till you stop renewing your domain.
- You can register and get free samples of products from sites like http://microchip.com where they do not accept emails from hotmail,yahoo or gmail or any free email providers.
- Create as many accounts that you want for invite by email id sites. You can have multiple Gizmo accounts or anything that offers a service or product for free.
- Provide great content and your site becomes a brand, a sellable commodity something like a business entity.
- and more spam with catch all
- Its like you lost your anonymity, anybody can contact you. You have a forced identity. Well you asked for it …
- You got to pay renewal fee every year 🙁
- You got to have hosting and have to pay for it 🙁
I want to add more, but here’s a start. do comment and add more advantages or disadvantages.